“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.”
– August Wilson
Woman. 30. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Athlete. Yogini. Chef. Personal trainer. Fitness instructor. Dog mom. Girlfriend. Spontaneous, yet love my calendar and planner. Dancer. Hiker. Climber. Explorer. Artist.
Life is beautiful. I didn’t always possess this attitude. Just like August Wilson had said, I had to face my inner demons to come to this place in my life, this place of continued happiness and love. I now know that I am not alone when I talk about my history of eating disorders and self hate. I am not perfect, nor will I ever claim to be. I will always have a monkey on my back telling me I’m not good enough, that I don’t look womanly enough. My daily dialogue has shifted from believing these thoughts to stomping them, washing them out of my mind and instead believing that my strength is amazing and I am incredibly beautiful as a fit, strong as fuck lady. I do not intend to treat or fix anyone. I simply want to share what I do on a daily basis in hopes that maybe some of what I do will help someone else. I hope to influence women, helping them understand how incredibly amazing they are. Health is wealth in my opinion and we all deserve to be rich in that department. Working out and eating well are a huge part of the equation but so isn’t ones’ attitude about themselves.
- Bachelors of Science, Nutrition, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2011
- Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine, since 2012
- Spin Certified, Mad Dogg, since 2012
- Pre and Post Natal Corrective Exercise Specialist, Fit for Birth, Since 2014
- Fitness New England, 2nd place Fitness Model, 8th place Figure, April 2013
- UFE Choas, 1st place Figure, May 2013
- UFE North American Championships, 4th place Elite Figure, awarded Pro Card, 10th in Pro category
- UFE Chaos, 1st place Figure Pro, May 2014
- UFE World Championships, 5th place Figure Pro